Castleford Forum Library and Museum
We are operating reduced
hours and activities in order to be Covid-19 Secure so that you can visit and
use the library with confidence.
- Hand sanitising: Customers must use the sanitiser provided before entering the library.
- Borrowing: The library will be open for self-serve book borrowing and return.
- Children's Play area: The children's area should only be used by one family or one family member at a time.
- Computers: Computer use is limited to 30 minutes and must be pre-booked online or by telephone.
- Events: There will be no weekly events, story times or regular meetings on the premises until further notice.
- Fines: We stopped charging fines for overdue items from 1 April 2020
- Food and drink: Teas, coffees and refreshments/foods not to be consumed on the premises.
- Online resources: Our online resources, including weekly story times, continue to be available. See our full range of online resources.
- Printer: Printing, scanning and photocopying will be self-serve, customers must sign up to a Papercut account and have the correct change to use these services.
- Toilets: Public toilets will be closed.
Monday||10am to 3pm||
Tuesday||10am to 3pm|
Thursday||10am to 3pm|
Friday||10am to 3pm|
Saturday||10am to 3pm|
What's on >>
In 2013 the old two story Carnegie Library at Castleford was transformed into an open plan three story Library and Museum. The library covers the two lower floors of the building, on the top floor
the museum captures the history of Castleford, from the Bronze Age to the modern day. A brief history of the Carnegie Library at Castleford is available in the downloads section on this page.
Resources and Services
- Access to a wide range of books and more for all ages
- Local history collection with digital microfilm readers
- Children's section from toddler to teenager
- 3 computers with Internet access
- Free WiFi
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Self-service check-outs
Programme of weekly activities for all ages -
School and group visits welcome - temporarily suspended
- Accessible facilities, induction loop
Toilets and baby-change - temporarily closed
- Car park nearby at Aire Street