Due to the introduction of the new national lockdown we will be operating a reduced service from Tuesday 5 January 2021.
- Borrowing: Order books for collection (please call the library on the number below for more details)
- Computers: 30 minutes computer access for essential purposes only. Pre booking is essential. Please call the library to book your slot or do it online.
- Printing: Printing and scanning will be self-serve for pre-booked users only. Customers must sign up to a Papercut account and have the correct change to use these services.
- Joining: You can join the library without proof of identification. Join online or call your library.
- Fines: We stopped charging fines for overdue items from 1 April 2020
- UK Visa services: Available at Wakefield Library by appointment only.
- Online resources: Our online resources, including weekly story times, continue to be available. See our full range of online resources
When visiting the library you should wear a face covering if you can and must use the sanitiser provided before entering the library.
Monday||10am - 4pm||
01924 305 376
Local Studies Library/Museum:
01924 305 356
Tuesday||10am - 4pm|
Wednesday||10am - 4pm|
Thursday||10am - 4pm|
Friday||10am - 4pm|
Saturday||10am - 4pm|
Resources and Services
Maps custom-printed on demand - temporarily suspended
- Wide range of books and more for all ages - Call the library for order and collect service
- Large local collection with 1 microfilm reader and 2 computers with internet - temporarily suspended
- Children's section from toddler to teenager - Call the library for order and collect service
- Collections of books in foreign languages - Call the library for order and collect service
10 computers with internet access - Essential use only, pre booking is essential
- Free WiFi - temporarily suspended
Printing and scanning facilities - For pre booked computer sessions only
- Tovertafel – temporarily suspended
Designated quiet zones for study- temporarily suspended
Tovertafel – temporarily suspended
We are proud to offer Tovertafel, a magic table stimulating both physical and emotional activity encouraging social interaction that creates moments of happiness for people living with dementia and learning difficulties.