Castleford Forum Library and Museum
All Council museums and castles are closed until further notice.
For further information visit our coronavirus page
Due to essential maintenance Castleford library will be closed on Thursday 2 January 2020. There will be a drop off box at the front of the library for anyone wanting to return books.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Monday||9am to 5pm||
Tuesday||9am to 5pm|
Thursday||9am to 5pm|
Friday||9am to 5pm|
Saturday||9am to 4pm|
What's on >>
In 2013 the old two story Carnegie Library at Castleford was transformed into an open plan three story Library and Museum. The library covers the two lower floors of the building, on the top floor
the museum captures the history of Castleford, from the Bronze Age to the modern day. A brief history of the Carnegie Library at Castleford is available in the downloads section on this page.
Resources and Services
- Access to a wide range of books and more for all ages
- Local history collection with digital microfilm readers
- Children's section from toddler to teenager
- 20 computers with Internet access
- Free wi-fi
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Self-service and manned check-outs
- Programme of weekly activities for all ages
- School and group visits welcome
- Accessible facilities, induction loop
- Toilets and baby-change
- Car park nearby at Aire Street