All Council Libraries are closed until further notice.
All overdue library fines will be wiped until further notice.
For further information visit our
As part of a major refurbishment in early 2015, Sandal Library was redesigned in consultation with The Alzheimer's Society, becoming the districts first fully dementia friendly library.
The layout includes subtle design features which are specifically incorporated to make it easier for people living with dementia to use.
The download section on this page has more information on the features we integrated into the design.
We are proud to offer Tovertafel, a magic table stimulating both physical and emotional activity encouraging social interaction that creates moments of happiness for people living with dementia.
Monday||9:30am - 6pm||
Sparable Lane |
off Barnsley Road
01924 303 355
Tuesday||9:30am - 5pm|
Wednesday||9:30am - 1pm|
Friday||9:30am - 5pm|
Saturday||10am - 1pm|
Resources and Services
- Access to a wide range of books and more for all ages
- Local and family history collection
- Children's section from toddler to teenager
- 10 computers with internet access
- Free wi-fi
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Self-service and manned check-outs
- Programme of weekly activities for all ages
- School and group visits welcome
- Reminiscence lounge with local history slideshow
- Accessible facilities, induction loop, dementia friendly
- Accessible toilets
- Car park opposite library