From Monday 17 May Libraries will be open for
- Browsing and book borrowing
- Computer use (30 minute sessions extendable to 2 hours dependent on availability)
- Bookable study space
- Bookable children's story times and activities. Please contact the library for dates and times.
- An order and collect service is also available.
To ensure the library is safe for everyone, please
- Wear a mask if you can.
- Use the sanitiser provided before entering the library.
- Maintain social distance at all times
As part of a major refurbishment in early 2015, Sandal Library was redesigned in consultation with The Alzheimer's Society, becoming the districts first fully dementia friendly library.
The layout includes subtle design features which are specifically incorporated to make it easier for people living with dementia to use.
The download section on this page has more information on the features we integrated into the design.
We are proud to offer Tovertafel, a magic table stimulating both physical and emotional activity encouraging social interaction that creates moments of happiness for people living with dementia.
Monday||9:30am - 6pm||
Sparable Lane |
off Barnsley Road
01924 303 355
Tuesday||9:30am - 5pm|
Wednesday||9:30am - 1pm|
Friday||9:30am - 5pm|
Saturday||10am - 1pm|
Resources and Services
Access to a wide range of books and more for all ages
- Local and family history collection
- Children's section from toddler to teenager
3 computers with internet access - pre booking is advised
Bookable study space
- Free WiFi - temporarily suspended
Printing and scanning facilities
- Self-service check-outs
- Programme of weekly activities for all ages - sessions to be booked in advance School and group visits welcome
Reminiscence lounge with local history slideshow
- Accessible facilities, induction loop, dementia friendly Accessible toilets
- Car park opposite library