From Monday 19 July we want you to visit our libraries with confidence and feel safe. We are therefore keeping some of our safety measures in place. This includes:
- Asking customers to sanitise their hands
- Asking staff and customer to wear face coverings, if they can
- One way systems to remain in place
- Computer use will resume to 2 hours
- Track and trace codes and paper alternatives will remain in place we do encourage customers to use this
As part of a major refurbishment in early 2015, Sandal Library was redesigned in consultation with The Alzheimer's Society, becoming the districts first fully dementia friendly library.
The layout includes subtle design features which are specifically incorporated to make it easier for people living with dementia to use.
The download section on this page has more information on the features we integrated into the design.
We are proud to offer Tovertafel, a magic table stimulating both physical and emotional activity encouraging social interaction that creates moments of happiness for people living with dementia.
Monday||9:30am - 6pm||
off Barnsley Road
01924 303 355
Tuesday||9:30am - 5pm|
Wednesday||9:30am - 1pm|
Friday||9:30am - 5pm|
Saturday||10am - 1pm|
Resources and Services
Access to a wide range of books and more for all ages
- Local and family history collection
- Children's section from toddler to teenager
3 computers with internet access - pre booking is advised
Bookable study space
- Free WiFi -
Printing and scanning facilities
- Self-service check-outs
- Programme of weekly activities for all ages - sessions to be booked in advance School and group visits welcome
Reminiscence lounge with local history slideshow
- Accessible facilities, induction loop, dementia friendly Accessible toilets
- Car park opposite library