Request a road licence

a lorry dropping off a skip at someones house

Before you start your request

Please note, a road licence is needed for:

  • Skip hire (where the skip is going on the road)
  • Scaffolding (where the scaffolding is going on the road)
  • Displaying banners

You will need to tell us:

  • The type of licence you want to apply for
  • Your reason for wanting the licence
  • The start/end date you want the item in place for
  • The location of where the item will be placed

Request a road licence

If you wish to request a road licence, please fill in our online form, after which you will receive an application number. If you provide us with an email address an automated acknowledgment of your request will be sent to you. 

Scaffolding and skip licence application forms can be found on this page.

How would you like to continue

Help us improve

Select how useful the page is
Back to top