Disabled band reductions

It may be possible to receive a reduction in your Council Tax bill if you or someone else living in your home needs:

  • a room used mainly by the person with the disability.
  • an extra kitchen or bathroom for the use of the person with the disability;
  • extra space inside the home for wheelchair use

Your bill may be reduced to the next band below the band shown for your property.

For example, if your property is in band D, your bill would be reduced to that for a band C property. If your property is band A, your bill will be reduced by one sixth of a Band A charge.

Download an application form for a disabled band reduction

A reduction will only be granted if the feature is essential to, or of major importance for, the well-being of the disabled person.

Once we get your form, one of our officers will arrange to visit you and decide if the reduction should be granted.

You can contact us using ourĀ Online Customer Enquiry Form

Phone lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday

Contact Us

Revenues and Benefits Service Wakefield Council Wakefield One PO Box 700 Wakefield WF1 2EB

Help us improve wakefield.gov.uk

Select how useful the page is
Back to top