Animal licensing

Find out more about animal licencing including animal licences, horse passports, grazing licences, zoo licenses, and animal movement licenses.

blonde coloured chihuahua in a pet shop
  • Animal licences

    Find out more about animal licences, animal licence application fees, duration of licences, and how to appeal.
  • Horse passports and grazing licences

    ​All horses and ponies in England and Wales need to have passports that identify them, ​Learn more about horses and ponies' passport regulations.
  • Zoos

    Find out how to apply for a zoo licence if you’ll be displaying wild animals to the public for at least seven days a year.
  • Animal movement licenses

    Find out more information about animal movement licences, the welfare of livestock in transit, disposal of animals and animal by-products.

Help us improve

Select how useful the page is
Back to top