Children missing education

Children Missing Education (CME) are children of school age who are not on a school roll. They are also not getting a suitable education, for example at home.

These children may be at a greater risk of harm. The Education Welfare Service handles young people who are not in the education system. It also supports their entry into school.

If a child goes missing from education the school has to make enquiries to find the child. If they are unable to do so, they should refer to the CME officer.

OurĀ CME guidance for schools provides information for schools, providers and professionals.

If you are worried that a child is not in education they can contact the CME officer at

Please note this is not for general attendance or welfare queries, email

Contact Us

Education Welfare Service Second Floor, Block C Normanton Town Hall High Street Normanton WF6 2DZ

Help us improve

Select how useful the page is