Report a problem with a public right of way

Before you start

Public Rights of Way are not roadside pavements.

A Public Right of Way is a footpath or bridleway for the public to use, both in the countryside and in towns.

Use this form to report any problems with footpaths or bridleways including:

  • overgrown hedges
  • ploughing complaints
  • general maintenance requests

To report a problem with a pavement, visit the potholes and damaged pavements page here.

We will need to know:

  • where the problem is
  • what the problem is

Other information

A footpath and a footway are legally different things. A footway is a pavement that runs along the road (highway), and a footpath can be a public right of way or a passageway between houses, or over open land.

Help us improve

Select how useful the page is
Back to top