Pest control

Unfortunately our online form is unavailable at the moment. Please ring our contact Centre on 0345 8 506 506 and an advisor will be happy to make a booking and take a payment.

Man working near pressure gauges

Wakefield Council offer treatments for the following pests:

  • Rats (internal)
  • Mice (internal)
  • Squirrels (internal)
  • Fleas (internal)
  • Moles (internal)
  • Other Pests
  • Rats (external)
  • Ants (internal)
  • Cockroaches (internal)
  • Wasps (internal)
  • Other Animals

More information on the service we provide for each pest will be displayed when a pest is selected.

Please note the following:

  • If you are requesting the service for a rented property on behalf of a landlord who will be paying the service, the landlord will have to book and pay for the treatment.

  • If you are requesting pest treatment for rats inside a property, please call customer services on 0345 8 506 506 as the issue may be able to be resolved earlier than the date given by online appointment (please note that booking online is still an option).
  • If you are requesting pest control treatment for a WDH (Wakefield District Housing) property, please be aware that WDH provide their own pest control service that is included in the price of rent (Please also note that not all of the above pests can be dealt with by WDH and you will still be able to book pest control treatment through Wakefield council).

  • If no treatment is carried out then only the call-out and survey fee will apply (£47.72 incl. VAT - applies to all customers). Customers paying for the service in advance will be refunded the difference. Please also note that while the majority of our pest control services include 3 visits in the standard pricing, we will charge for any additional visits (this will be priced depending on the type of service).

You will need to tell us:

  • The type of pest (select 'Other Pests' or 'Other Animals' on the form if the pest in unknown or does not fall under another category).

  • The type of property you are requesting treatment for.

  • If you are in receipt of Council Tax Support.

  • If the property is occupied by a single family household.

  • Additional details of the pest.

Request a pest treatment

If you wish to request a pest treatment, please fill in our online form, after which we will receive an application number. If you provide us with an email address an automated acknowledgment of your request will be sent to you.

Go to our pest management for business webpage to find out more about the professional service to businesses across the Wakefield district.

Contact Us

Environmental Health Wakefield Council Wakefield One PO Box 700 Burton Street Wakefield WF1 2EB

Help us improve

Select how useful the page is
Back to top