How to pay your Business Rates
This is our most popular method of payment - almost 60 per cent of ratepayers find this the most efficient way to make their monthly payment.
If you pay your Business Rates by Direct Debit:
- You have a choice of three dates - the 1st, 14th or 25th of each month.
- You receive at least 10 days notice of when your bank account will be debited and by how much.
- You are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your bank in the unlikely event of anything going wrong.
- You stay in control as you can cancel the Direct Debit at any time.
- You could save bank charges as one application can be made for multiple properties.
- You can forget queues, cash, cheques and stamps.
- You do not have to complete new paperwork each year; as the same instruction carries on for as long as you want it to.
In the majority of cases, your bank details and authorisation to set up the
Direct Debit can now be taken online (24 hours a day) or over the telephone (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) to speed up the process:
This online payment service website is secure and enables you to pay your Council bills using any debit card or some credit cards. The service is free of charge and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Please allow up to FOUR days for the payment to be received by Wakefield Council.
By Credit or Debit Card over the Telephone
Telephone payments can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by ringing our automated service on 0845 603 1539
Just have your credit or debit card and Business Rates payment reference number from your bill ready when you call, and follow the simple instructions.
Your payment will be credited to your account usually within one working day. There is no charge or minimum payment required for debit or credit card payments.
Our bank account details are:
Barclays Bank PLC, Trinity Walk, Wakefield
Sort Code: 20-90-65
Account Number : 93248267
Account Name: Wakefield Council Income Account
Please quote your Business Rates payment reference number from your bill with your BACS payment.
Cheques should be made payable to Wakefield M.D.C. and posted to:
Please write your Business Rates payment reference number on the back of your cheque. Receipts are not issued for cheque payments.
Please note that there is no facility to pay Business Rates by payment card at the Post Office.