Pavement cafés

​​You require a licence if you provide tables and chairs for customers at your cafe or restaurant that are outside of the building and sited on the public highway or pavement.

Apply for a permit to place tables and chairs on the pavement or road

Apply to change a permit to pla​ce tables and chairs on the pavement or road

Contact us

Licensing Office

Wakefield Council
Wakefield One
PO Box 700
Burton Street

Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5pm

Licensing office public counter - changes to opening times
The opening hours for the licensing public counter in Wakefield One will change from 3 June 2019.
It will be open Monday to Friday, between 10am and 3pm.

01924 302932