Register of Electors 2020
- The Register of Electors 2020 was published on 31 January 2020 and this register is in force until 30 November 2020.
To vote in elections in the district, you must be registered. You should register if you move house or change other details such as your name.
Registering is quick and easy and can be done online. If you need any help, you can contact us on 01924 305023.
Before you start
You will need:
- Your national insurance number (if you have one)
- Your date of birth
Start now >>
This button will take you to the government’s secure register to vote website.
Why you should register
- If your name is not on the register you will not be able to vote – District council and Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) elections will take place on 7 May 2020
- So that you can have a say in issues that affect you
- If you are not on the register you might be refused a loan, a mobile phone contract or you may even be turned down for a bank account
Who can register?
Anyone aged 16 or over (but you cannot vote until you are 18)
British or qualifying Commonwealth citizens. This means Commonwealth citizens who have leave to remain in the UK or do not need such leave
Citizens of the Republic of Ireland or other European Union (EU) member states
Need to update your property details?
If there has been a change at your property, for example someone has recently moved out of your property, complete use this form to tell us about the changes.
Update your details >>
Further information about registering to vote can be found at
‘the Electoral Commission Website’. If you believe that you may be at risk if your details appear on the electoral register you may be able to register anonymously.
Anonymous registration was set up to help individuals whose safety would be at risk (or where the safety of other people at the same address as them would be at risk) if their name or address was listed on the electoral register – for example a person who has fled domestic abuse.
To register anonymously
complete an application form and return to the Electoral Services Office.