The Walking Works Challenge is a [dare we say] FUN competition that aims to encourage people to walk more.
Not everyone can achieve 10,000 steps a day, but almost everyone can find ways to build more walking into their daily routine.
The aim for each individual or team [up to 5 people] is to accumulate the largest average number of moves over a 6 week period.
Spot prizes will be awarded throughout the challenge. The team with the most moves will win the title of Walking Works Challenge Champions.
The Challenge will run for 6 weeks from
Monday 16th March 2020 until Sunday 26th April 2020.
Using the App
1. Select a Team Captain (if you are a taking part as an individual, move on to step 2)
2. Team Captain (or individual) to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name and number of people in the team, before the 9th March
3. Each member is to download the FREE Aspire Health App (When signing up, please allow access to Apple or Android Health Data when prompted to)
4. Select “Aspire Health” as your home facility
5. Click on the challenge and join the WALKING WORKS CHALLENGE
6. Connect your fitness trackers if applicable
7. GET MOVING
1. Select a Team Captain (If you are taking part as an individual, move on to step 2)
2. Team Captain (or individual) to email email@example.com with your team name and number of people taking part, before the 9th March
3. Team Captain (or individual) to email every Monday before 1400hrs with each members total number of steps taken
1. Email us with your interest in taking part. Entries to be received by the 9th March. You will receive a form to record your activity.
2. Record every time you walk 10 minutes (nonstop) or more over the six weeks
3. Email back your details every Monday before 1400hrs to firstname.lastname@example.org