At Aspire, we take pride in offering an exciting and varied class timetable in each of our facilities. Whether you're in training, looking to unwind, or just want to work up a sweat, we offer a workout to meet the needs of all ages and abilities. All our classes are delivered by a qualified team of instructors who will make sure you get the most from your workout and work towards achieving your personal fitness goals.
We have more than 200 fitness classes a week, across our Aspire facilities. Classes are free to
Aspire members or can be attended by
pay and play users.
In the Studio
- Aerobiking - Flat roads, hill climbs and fast sprints are all included in this high energy, calorie burning indoor cycling class conducted on stationary bikes.
- HIIT - High-Intensity Interval Training designed to burn calories, tone muscle and increase fitness.
- LES MILLS Body Combat - A Les Mills programme choreographed to great music. A high-intensity mixed martial-arts inspired workout designed to get you fitter whilst strengthening and toning your muscles.
- Bootcamp - Outdoor fitness session challenging you mentally and physically with a variety of exercises and use of the physical environment around.
- Boxercise - Class based around boxing techniques and training. Use of boxing bags, focus pads and gloves and other exercises gives you that challenging boxing workout.
- Legs Bums Tums - Legs, bums, tums classes and toning classes are designed to help sculpt and shape your muscles. Toned, long, lean muscle is the goal.
- Circuits - Cardio, resistance and bodyweight exercises delivered in an easy format giving you all fitness benefits in one class.
- LES MILLS Body Pump - A Les Mills program choreographed to great music. A barbell and resistance workout designed to tone, strengthen and sculpt your body.
- Power Zone - A conditioning session with pulse raisers, using either body weight or weights. Doing maximum reps and continuous movement for a full-body workout. Coordinating it to songs or music with timers & countdowns.
- Kettlebells - Strengthen and tone your entire body using Kettlebells in a varied functional class. Challenging and fun designed to help you hit your goals.
- Abs and Core Training - Sessions designed toning and strengthening those 6-pack and deeper muscles, to work towards a toned waist and improved postural benefits.
- TRX - A bodyweight exercise class to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability using a TRX suspension trainer.
- Yoga - A class focusing on strength, flexibility and breathing techniques to boost both physical and mental wellbeing.
- Pilates - A class using exercises to develop physical strength, flexibility, posture and balance whilst increasing your core strength.
- Fitness Pilates - A class using exercises to develop physical strength, flexibility, posture and balance whilst increasing your core strength.
- Ante/Post-Natal Pilates and Yoga - A class focusing on strength, flexibility and breathing techniques to boost both physical and mental wellbeing. Suitable for those pre or post-pregnancy.
- Zumba - Dance fitness class that is fun and energetic combining low and high-intensity moves for a great workout to great music.
- Zumba Gold - Easy to follow Zumba choreography focusing on balance, R.O.M and co-ordination.
- Zumba Tone - Next level Zumba by increasing intensity using Zumba Toning Sticks for that added muscular toning benefit and challenge.
- Zumba Step - Combining toning and strengthening power of step aerobics with the fun atmosphere and music of a Zumba class.
In the Pool
- Aqua Zumba - Water-based lower impact Zumba class utilising water resistance philosophy to get those toning benefits.
- Aqua Fit - Pool based fitness class utilising water resistance philosophy and other apparatus to give that fantastic water workout
- Deep Water Exercise - Deep water-based class utilising a floatation belt to perform exercise to increase fitness, core and muscle strength and tone
- Float Fit BALANCE - Inspired by Yoga and Pilates. 30 minutes designed to boost mental wellbeing and challenge balance. Participants improve body imbalances and strengthen core stability.
- Float Fit GROW - Fun and fitness ON WATER. An action-packed class designed to motivate children to stay active and maintain a happy, healthy lifestyle. Recommended for 8+ years. Must be able to swim.
- Float Fit HIIT - High-intensity interval workout on water. A 30-minute full-body class. Includes squats, mountain climbers and lunges. FloatFit HIIT Classes provide levels of difficulty to suit all abilities.
Wakefield Disability Sports Directory
This download details the disability sport and physical activity opportunities in the district and accessibility at our sports facilities
Aspire membership scheme