We understand there are many things that can affect your ability to be active and maintain a healthy weight. Our team of highly skilled and experienced staff are here to support you and your family in leading a healthier lifestyle, whether you want to be more active, eat better or both. We have a number specialists to help you on your journey, so whether your goal is to lose weight, be more active, improving your mental health or managing your health condition, we have something for you. We can support adults, families and children from the age of 5. In order to receive help from the Aspire Health Referral Service you and your family will need to live within the boundaries of Wakefield District (e.g. be Wakefield Council Tax payers).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Support you for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Improved diet, being more active or both
- Explore your individual goals and motivations and help you to work towards these
- Support you with strategies for changing behaviour to help you create healthier habits
- Support you to make long term sustainable lifestyle changes
HOW TO REFER
Adults (18+ years)
There are 2 ways for adults to be referred into the Aspire Health Referral service:
- You can self-refer using the 'start' button at the bottom of this page. This should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete. You will need an accurate height and weight measurement to do this.
- Your GP or other health professional can complete a referral form for you and email it to us or they can refer using our online portal by selecting "I'm a health professional and want to refer someone".
Children (5 – 18 years)
If you are interested in referring your child we request you get in touch with your child's GP or other healthcare professional to complete the specific junior referral form. Once completed the professional can send to our secure Aspire email.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be supported by the service with the expectation that you can commit time to the programme and have the desire to take full advantage of the provided pathways. Full engagement to the programme is expected from all who use the service to gain the most from it, however we understand that life is not simple at times so your referral can be paused at any point whilst on the programme until you are ready to commit at a later date. Please discuss any problems with us.
SO, ARE YOU READY?
- Can you commit to a programme for a minimum of 12 weeks?
- Are you in the right frame of mind to start making changes?
- Do you have any personal distractions that might make it difficult for you to commit or make changes?
If you do wish to self-refer to the Aspire Health Referral Service- click the 'start now' button below.
If you do wish to self-refer to the Aspire Health Referral Service- click the 'start now' button below
If you have any other questions or queries please contact the Aspire Health Referral team on one of the following methods.
Telephone: 01924 307811