Report a problem

Coronavirus update

Further advice and guidance for landowners

Before you start

Public Rights of Way are not roadside pavements. 

A Public Right of Way can be a public footpath or public bridleway over open countryside as well as pathways and ginnels in and around towns.

Use this form to report any problems with footpaths or bridleways including: overgrown hedges, ploughing complaints and general maintanence requests.

If you'd like to report a problem with a pavement by the side of the road (or footway), please see the potholes and damaged pavements page

We will need to know:

  • Where the problem is
  • What the problem is

Start now >>

Other information

A footpath and a footway are legally different things. A footway is a pavement that runs along the road (highway), and a footpath can be a public right of way or a passageway between houses, or over open land.