Recycled aggregate for sale
Managing the highways network in the district produces a lot of waste material. To avoid this ending up as landfill it is processed into products which can be used. Any excess materials are then sold at very competitive rates. This results in less impact on the environment and significant cost savings to the Council and our customers.
Recycled aggregate products price list
The following products are available to buy from us:
75mm recycled crushed stone (6F5)
- the building industry,
- capping layers
- other general fill areas.
- car parks,
- hard standing area
40mm Type 1 recycled crushed stone
Well graded material, ideal for:
- hard standing areas
25mm down recycled crushed stone
- mixing with concrete
- laid dry in thin layers for areas such as public rights of way, cycle tracks, bridleways, woodland paths and lanes
Please note products must not be reheated for Health and Safety reasons.
The process is closely monitored by approved WAMITAB (Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board) accredited staff to ensure superior quality of material compared with similar recycled products on the market.
The aggregates produced are in accordance with WRAP (Waste and Resource Action Programme) protocols. This quality protocol ensures materials are sampled and tested in accordance with the European Standard.
Key customers include:
- Citizens of Wakefield District
- Other internal services
- Parish and Town Councils
- Schools and Community Centres
- Cycle Forum
- Contractors, Private Developers and Utility Companies
- Charitable organisations
- Prices currently under review - for further information please contact us