Potholes and damaged pavements
If you are reporting a pothole or road damage that you think is an immediate risk please contact Wakefield Council customer services on 0345 8 506 506. This is a 24 hour service.
What is our responsibilty?
We have a statutory duty to maintain the highway in a safe condition.
We regularly inspect the highway network, in accordance with our Safety Surveys Policy and Defect Risk Register. How often we do it depends on how often the footway or roads are used and if anything needs attention.
What is not our responsibility?
- Inspection covers in the pavement or road for example stop taps, fire hydrants, manholes and valve boxes
- Walls built for non-highway purposes
- Cellar covers
- British Telecom or cable cabinets
Defects or damage to any of the above will be referred directly to the owner who will be asked to make the hazard safe within an appropriate time scale.
Please note that unless there is any immediate or grave danger, reports made out of normal working hours will not be investigated until the next working day.
You will need to tell us:
- The street name and area
- The location on the street (Is the issue near a house or a road junction?)
- Details of the damage
- Your name and contact number
- If reporting an incident of damage caused to a vehicle or the road - the date and approximate time the damage occurred
- Who is responsible for the damage, or their vehicle registration (if known)
Report a pothole or damaged pavement
If you wish to report a pothole or damaged pavement, please fill in our online form, after which we will receive an application number. If you provide us with an email address an automated acknowledgment of your request will be sent to you.
How would you like to continue
Register for MyAccount and Report
Login to MyAccount and Report