Some hubs are closed or operating a limited operating hours in light of the current Covid-19 restrictions. Please check with your local hub.
HELP at the HUB – a new service in your area to help you
What is it?
new service to help everyone deal with the impacts of the COVID crisis on
jobs, finances and much more.
Can everyone use it?
Yes, it is
free for all to access.
What help can I access?
Help with finances, benefits, debts, rent & mortgage arrears or access to
mental health and wellbeing services.
Who is involved?
Citizens Advice Debt Team
Priority debts- Rent, mortgage, council tax, fuel, fines:
- Non Priority debts- credit card, overdrafts, personal loans, store cards…
- Banking problems
- Credit rating
- Financial capability advice, banking & budgeting, best deals.
We have a specialist debt advice team:
- Authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Accredited by the Money & Pension Service.
- Recognised Debt Relief Order intermediary.
- Can deal with any stage of debt advice and enforcement.
- Can do casework and negotiation.
Welfare Benefits Team:
- What benefits can I claim and how much.
- Help with benefit claim forms, particularly disability benefits.
- Challenging benefit decisions
- Separate team of Universal Credit (Help to Claim) advisers.
Citizens Advice Adviceline ☎ 0800 144 8848
Free from mobiles and landlines
Consumer Helpline ☎ 0808 223 1133
UC Help to Claim ☎ 0800 144 8444
WDH Contact Centre ☎ 0345 850 7507
There are a wide range of support services available to customers living within a WDH property to assist with financial issues, health and wellbeing or access to employment.
Some of these services are also available to wider Wakefield residents living within the private sector.
Carelink - a 24 hour service that supports people of all ages and across any tenure type. The service helps people to live more independent lives in their own home, utilising a range of telecare alarms and sensors
Wellbeing careworkers - our team help address poor health across the district. The service supports WDH tenants to better understand the actions they can take to manage their health and wellbeing by making and maintaining positive changes to their lifestyle.
Tenants are supported to address the underlying issues which prevent them from adopting healthy lifestyles and the emphasis is on supporting them to develop their skills.
Mental Health Navigators – our team work with tenants to ensure that people experiencing mental ill health can access the interventions and support they need to make positive changes to their situation. The team supports people to improve their quality of life, ensuring they can maintain their home and develop skills to avoid future dependency on crisis mental health services.
Community Employment Advisors – our team work with WDH tenants, their families and Homesearch applicants helping them to identify what steps they need to move them closer to employment. Support includes; help with job searches, help with email and online applications, CV guidance, interview skills and tips and help with volunteering and training opportunities.
Training for Employment - this programme is open to all WDH tenants and their families who are unemployed. It is a paid, six months placement which provides participants with training, work skills, support and mentoring to assist them to carry out the duties of the role and find further employment opportunities.
- Debt Team.
- Community Safety Team.
- Tenancy Ready Team.
- Estates Teams.
- Repairs and Maintenance Service.
- Independent Living Team.
- Adaptations Service.
- Pinderfields / Fieldhead Housing Coordinators.
- Schools based initiatives.
- Create a household budget.
- Understand your bills and priority payments.
- Maximise your income and reduce your outgoings.
- Understand your benefit entitlements.
- Reduce your bills and switch energy providers.
- Complete applications for benefits and grants.
- Support with benefit appeals.
- Support with debt issues.
- Refer you to other services that meet your needs.
WDH Contact Centre ☎ 0345 850 7507
Department of Work and Pensions
For help and advice on access to work, benefits, state pension, Universal Credit and more, click
What we do
- Housing Benefit (help with rent)
- Council Tax Support (help towards Council Tax)
- Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions
- Council Tax Bills
- General Benefits Advice – including Universal Credit and disability benefits
- Signposting to other help and organisations
Wakefield Council Contact Centre ☎ 0345 8 506 506
Where is it?
Advisers based in
nine community locations around the district
- Castleford Heritage Centre, Wednesday 10am–12pm*
Queen’s Mill, Aire Street, Castleford WF10 1JL, ☎ 01977 556 741
- St Marys, Pontefract, Friday 10am–12pm*
The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY ☎ 01977 705 341
- Ossett Town Hall Monday 10am–12pm*
Market Place, Ossett WF5 8BE ☎ 01924 302 999
- Havercroft & Ryhill Community Learning Centre Thursday 10am–12pm*
Mulberry Place, Ryhill, Wakefield WF4 2BD ☎ 01226 727 824
- Kellingley Club Tuesday 10am–12pm*
Kellingley Social Centre, 25 Marine Villa Rd, Knottingley WF11 8ER ☎ 01977 673 115
- St Georges, Lupset Tuesday 10am–12pm*
Broadway, Lupset, Wakefield WF2 8AA ☎ 01924 369 631
- Eastmoor Community Project Tuesday 10am–12pm*
St. Swithun’s Community Centre, Arncliffe Rd, Wakefield WF1 4RR ☎ 01924 361 212
- Westfield Centre South Elmsall Tuesday 10am–12pm*
26 Westfield Ln, South Elmsall, Pontefract WF9 2PU ☎ 01977 642 335
- Lightwaves Leisure and Community Centre Wednesday 10am–12pm*
Lower York St, Wakefield WF1 3LJ ☎ 01924 360 158
Citizens Advice outreach venues
- Airedale Library WF10 3JJ Friday 10am–12pm
- Warwick Ahead Local Hub WF11 0QH Friday 10am–12pm
- Hemsworth Town Council Community Centre WF9 4NE Friday 10am–12pm
- Kinsley & Fitzwilliam Learning Centre WF9 5BD Monday 10am–12pm
- Moorthorpe Station WF9 3QF Thursday 10am–12pm
- St. Giles, Pontefract WF8 1AT Wednesday 10am–12pm
- Upton Village Hall WF9 1JB**
- Normanton Town Hall WF6 2DZ**
- Featherstone Library WF7 5BB**
- CITIZENS ADVICE WAKEFIELD main office King Street WF1 2SR**
*further to national lockdown, please contact venue for opening hours
**Check website for details. Currently closed due to COVID