Fun workshops, talks and activities for schools, children, families and adults, including...
- Object-led school sessions at museums and castles, or in school
- Bespoke sessions for schools – if we have objects related to your topic, we can help!
- Enquiry-led learning using digital technology to stimulate discussion
- Costumed role-play
- Support for longer project work (e.g. castle exploration)
- Workshops which emphasise local history by combining museum objects with facilities in Local Studies (e.g. maps and censuses)
For children and families:
- Crafty-crocs – messy fun for children aged 2 to 5
- Young Curators Club for children aged 8 to 13
- Free family workshops (particularly during school holidays)
- A range of talks and hands-on workshops to explore our collections
- Regular 'Meet the Curator' sessions
- Participation in the ArtWalk with themed events
For more details, and how to contact us, see the pages below. You can also find out more about our activities from our
What's on guide, or by visiting the
Museums Blog or the
Museums Learning Blog.