Gypsy and Traveller services

We provide the following services:

  • Management of the registered Heath Common residential traveller site. A Gypsy and Traveller Liaison Officer is present on the site Monday – Friday to support the community and represent the council.
  • Deal with unauthorised encampments in the district and work closely with the police to move Travellers on.

Reporting unauthorised traveller camps

Before you start

What we need to know:

  • Where the travellers are
  • How many there are
  • When they arrived
  • Your contact details
Start now >>

Other information

Heath Common residential traveller site

Health Common has 38 residential plots. Each plot has a utility block with a kitchen, bathroom, separate toilet, and storage area.

The weekly rent for each plot is currently £80.33, council tax is £881.85 and residents also have to pay for their mains electricity, water and gas (LPG).

Licence applications are prioritised based on a family’s needs. Residents can also apply for a permit to allow their horses to graze on the Common providing they have been electronically chipped and registered for a horse passport.​

Contact us

Gypsy and Traveller Liaison Officer

Anti-Social Behaviour Unit
Wakefield Divisional Headquarters
Havertop Lane

0345 8 506 506