The district's support for the armed services community was reinforced by the signing of an official Covenant on 13 November 2011. It is a statement of mutual support between the civilian and local armed forces communities.
The Covenant aims to:
- encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces community in their areas
- nurture public understanding and awareness amongst the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces community
- recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the Armed Forces Community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life
- to encourage the Armed Forces Community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement
We also work in partnership with other agencies to provide help and support on a number of issues.
Regular Forces Employment Association
- Provides help and support to those leaving the Armed Forces to find employment
- Helpline: 0845 7 725 725
- MOD Service Personnel and Veterans Agency: 0800 169 2277
- Help for Heroes: 0845 673 1760
- Inquest Advice: call the British Legion Helpline 0203 207 2144 or email email@example.com
Rewards for Forces
- The UK’s largest discount and benefits website for members of the Armed Forces, Veterans and Partners of those who have served or have serving.
- Easily find and compare the best military insurance deals
- Forces Compare is an independent search engine that specializes in comparing quotes for insurance to meet your requirement from a select group of highly reputable insurance specialists