Are you thinking of changing your Food Business model to adapt to the Covid-19 restrictions? We’re happy to support you in doing this. Download the attachment ‘Adapting your Food Business model’ for guidance on how to stay compliant while doing so.
We have now opened our training program back up to the public. View our calendar to see available dates and download our Covid-19 Training Guidance to see the precautions we are taking during our training courses.
Everyone who works with food has a responsibility to ensure that the food they serve or sell is safe to eat.
All our food safety courses can be tailored to catering, manufacturing and / or retail businesses and organisations, with specific course handbooks and exam papers for each.
During food hygeine visits Environmental Health Officers will check that there is always someone at work with at least a level 2 (or equivalent) qualification. They will ask questions to make sure that all staff have a basic understanding of food hygeine.
What they find may affect the Food Hygeine Rating Scheme score which is now displayed to the public, including your customers.
Food Safety Awareness in Catering - Level 1 Award
- Waiting staff, cashiers, warehouse staff, new or temporary staff working with food
- Personal cleanliness and hygeine
- How to keep work areas clean
- Key food safety issues
- Half day; 3 hours
- Multiple-choice test
- This course is also available as an
Food Safety in Catering - Level 2 Award
- For anyone working in catering who prepares, cooks and directly handles food
- Gives an in-depth understanding of food safety risks
- Covers the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, how to achieve the best rating score and how to promote it.
- One day; 9am - 4.30pm
- Now also available as a blended course comprising of online learning to be completed by candidates prior to attending the course, supported by 1 revision session and exam.
Supervising Food Safety - Level 3 Award
- For managers and supervisors of food businesses
- Understanding food safety procedures, the importance of monitoring and controls to prevent problems, allergen management and HACCP principles.
- Includes learner pack with additional tools and information to manage a successful food business
- Now also available as a blended course comprising of 2 days of classroom learning supported by online learning to be completed by candidates prior to attending the course.
Our Environmental Health Officers highly recommend that candidates retake their Food Safety qualification every three years to ensure knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date and to take account of any changes in legislation and practice.
Book and pay online
If you are booking more than one place, are eligible for a discount (check the course information sheet), or if you can't see your course listed, please contact the Health Development Unit.