We have now opened our training program back up to the public. View our calendar to see available dates and download our Covid-19 Training Guidance to see the precautions we are taking during our training courses.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers in all workplaces to provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities and personnel to enable immediate assistance to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and able to physically carry out the practical requirements.
First aid requirements calculator
Emergency First Aid (EFAW) - Level 3 Award
- Lower-risk work environments such as offices, shops or organisations with fewer than 100 employees.
- One unit in Emergency First Aid
- One day; 9am - 4.30pm
- Completion of a candidate assessment booklet comprising three practical assessments and a short test paper.
Blended First Aid at Work (FAW) - Level 3 Award
For higher-risk work environments such as schools, nursing homes, factories or building sites
Now a blended course comprising of 2 days of classroom learning plus online e-learning to be completed by candidates prior to attending the course
Two days; 9am - 4.30pm
Download the course details to view the content
Paediatric First Aid - Level 3 Award
- Anyone who works in childcare.
- Meets Ofsted and Department for Education regulations
- Covers both paediatric emergency first aid and managing paediatric illness and injury.
- Two days (12 hours); 9am - 4pm on both days
- Completion of a candidate assessment booklet comprising practical assessments and short test papers.
This programme replaces the previous Level 2 qualification.
Blended First Aid Requalification
- For qualified first aiders with a valid certificate looking to renew their existing qualification
- The requalifying course is specifically designed to allow first aiders to renew their First Aid at Work qualification when their certificate is due to expire.
Download the course details for more information
- Now a blended course comprising of day of classroom learning plus online e-learning to be completed prior to attending the course. You must bring your valid pass card to your requalification session to enable re-validation
- One day course; 9am – 4:30pm
- Valid then for another three years
Baby and Child First Aid courses
- For any Parent, grandparent, carer, baby sitter
- For anyone who looks after babies and children
- Provides accident prevention awareness and basic first aid skills
- Topics include:
- Burns and Scalds
- Course duration is 2 hours
- Only £20pp
First Aid at Work Annual Refresher
- For anyone with an existing First Aid or Emergency First Aid qualification looking to refresh or update their previous knowledge and skills
- Recaps the essentials from any First Aid course including CPR and AED, choking, unconscious casualty, recovery position and management of a seizure
- You must have a valid First Aid certificate to attend. This training does not re-validate your certificate
- Half-day course
If you are booking more than one place, are eligible for a discount (check the course information sheet), or if you can't see your course listed, please contact the Health Development Unit.