Ordering a certificate


Please order your certificate by telephone, download a form and complete then return by email or write all the information required on the application form in an email and send to wakefieldregistrars@wakefield.gov.uk   Please do not attend the office.

All certificates will be sent out in 5 days by first class signed for post at a charge of £2. It is not possible to collect certificates from our offices.

Applications for certificates should be made to the Register Office in the district where the birth, death or marriage took place.

Wakefield Registration Service holds records of events registered within the district, which date back to 1837 when civil registration was first introduced.

The General Register Office delivery standard for processing copy certificate requests is 7 working days. We aim to provide a better service to our customers wherever we can by exceeding this target and will, for the statutory fee, process copy certificates within 5 working days. If you require a certificate urgently we are able to offer this service for an additional fee, please contact us for further information.

By post or email

You can download the certificate application form in related downloads and forward it to us by post or email. Email applications must include a contact telephone number for a member of our team to contact you to make payment. Please see our contact us page for our email and postal address.

Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card. Cheques should be made payable to Wakefield Council.

By phone

Contact us and a member of our team will complete an application form on your behalf (a small administrative fee applies). Payment can be made by debit or credit card. Please note: this service is for single certificate requests only.

Application forms, fees and charges

Up-to-date information about application forms, fees and charges is available from the Downloads box to the right of this page.

Contact us

Wakefield Register Office

Wakefield Town Hall
Wood Street

0345 4 852 888