Bin collections during coronavirus
We’re working hard to keep our waste services going. We’re prioritising our general waste and recycling collections during the outbreak, but COVID-19 is causing disruption to some of our services:
Garden and bulky waste collections
Garden waste and bulky waste collections will be suspended until further notice, so that we can prioritise general waste and recycling collections.
Please avoid putting garden waste into your general waste or recycling bins. Bag up your garden waste and turn it into compost where possible.
Household Waste Recycling Centres
Your safety is our highest priority, so all Renewi Household Waste Recycling Centres will be closed until further notice.
Ways to help
There are lots of ways you can help us to ensure our waste services can run as smoothly as possible.
- Please note, collection times may vary so please make sure you put your bin out the night before.
- Remember to squash all plastic bottles and metal cans. Please also tear up any cardboard. This will create extra room in your bins, so if for any reason your collection is missed, you can still recycle.
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your green household waste bin.
- If the bin collections on your whole street have been missed, please don't report this. Be assured that we are already aware and we will collect this at a later time. Help keep neighbours informed if they're not online.
- If your bin has been missed (not the whole street) and you put it out in time for collection, please report this online rather than calling us. Help friends, neighbours and family members do this if they’re not online or need some support.
- Please use one bin for two households where possible. This will speed up the collections and help the crews get home to their loved ones.
Finally, please make every effort to continue disposing of your waste and recycling responsibly, and thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Find your normal general waste and recycling waste bin collections dates here.