Bin collections during coronavirus
Garden and bulky waste collections
Garden waste collections will resume back to normal service from August.
Please refer back to your 2020 bin calendar to check your collection dates.
Garden waste collections are on the same day as general waste collections (green coloured bin).
For more information about your local collections, check where I live here
Household Waste Recycling Centres
Your safety is our highest priority. All Renewi Household Waste Recycling Centres are now open, with additional safety and social distancing measures in place.
Please only visit if you really need to and follow the on-site guidance at all times for the safety of staff and visitors. With concerns rising about the rapid transmission of coronavirus, Renewi are introducing a face covering policy for all their staff to keep everyone safe at the HWRCs.
We take the health and safety of our residents very seriously and we will be supporting Renewi in encouraging members of the public to make use of face coverings when visiting.
Due to queues on site, sites have had to close earlier than the published closing time. To avoid disappointment please don’t leave it to the last hour to visit us.
Read the information and guidance before you visit.
Ways to help
There are lots of ways you can help us to ensure our waste services can run as smoothly as possible.
- Please note, collection times may vary so please make sure you put your bin out the night before.
- Remember to squash all plastic bottles and metal cans. Please also tear up any cardboard. This will create extra room in your bins, so if for any reason your collection is missed, you can still recycle.
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your green household waste bin.
- If the bin collections on your whole street have been missed, please don't report this. Be assured that we are already aware and we will collect this at a later time. Help keep neighbours informed if they're not online.
- If your bin has been missed (not the whole street) and you put it out in time for collection, please report
this online rather than calling us. Help friends, neighbours and family members do this if they’re not online or need some support.
- Please use one bin for two households where possible. This will speed up the collections and help the crews get home to their loved ones.
Finally, please make every effort to continue disposing of your waste and recycling responsibly, and thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Find your bin collections dates