Wakefield Overview and Scrutiny Management Board
Chair: Cllr Graham Isherwood
The Management Board is the designated crime and disorder committee and will scrutinise, monitor and review:
- The approach to setting and delivering the Council’s annual revenue budget and capital programme.
- The budget consultation process.
- Quarterly Financial Monitoring reports.
- The performance of the Council, including Directorate performance.
- Major projects
- The Council’s digital agenda.
- Strategic policy and planning activity of the Council and Wakefield Together.
- The provision and delivery of Corporate Services (including:- Legal and Governance, Financial Services, Welfare, Property Services, Information Management, Organisational Development and IT, Customer Services, Communications, Health and Safety, Emergency Planning and arrangements for fulfilling the Council’s statutory duties in relation to Licensing).
- Service Planning and Service Reviews.
- Consideration of inspection reports both internal and external alongside subsequent responses.
Safer and Stronger Communities
- Monitor and review the effectiveness and performance of the Community Safety Partnership.
- Measures undertaken to reduce and prevent crime and anti-social behaviour (including reoffending and disorder, the fear of crime, services provided for the victims of crime, work undertaken to prevent and protect children and adults from Female Genital Mutilation, modern slavery, forced marriages and sham marriages).
- Tackle domestic abuse and improve support to victims.
- Duties relating to the policing function including linkages with the District’s Community Safety Partnership, the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Panel and the office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Night time economy.
- Community cohesion.
- Voluntary and community sector.
- The effectiveness and performance of the Wakefield Enterprise Partnership.
- Major infrastructure projects and priority regeneration schemes.
- Commercialisation and the local economy.
- Work undertaken to support and drive regeneration including (planning, investment, economic and business sector development, business support, enterprise and employment including barriers to employment in the District).
- Delivery of the Good Growth Plan.
- Measures being undertaken to reduce the number of people who are on out of work benefits and help people to overcome barriers to work.
- The work of the Town Centre Partnerships.
Culture, Sport and Tourism
- Leisure, sport and physical activity within the District.
- Libraries and cultural services.
- Councillor Allan Garbutt
- Councillor Graham Isherwood (Chair)
- Councillor David Jones
- Councillor Betty Rhodes
- Councillor Olivia Rowley
- Councillor Ian Sanders
- Councillor Martyn Ward
Minutes, agendas and future meetings
Meetings Database contains minutes, agendas and future meeting dates of the Overview and Scrutiny Management Board and the Committees.