Council launches new online resource to support carers
This national carers week (11 – 17 June), Wakefield Council is launching a new digital resource for carers to support them in their caring role.
The free Digital Resource for Carers, developed in partnership with Carers UK, offers valuable, up-to-date information to help and support carers, including:
- Access to networks and support groups,
- Information on their rights as a carer and where to go to for financial or practical support,
- Learning resources on self-care and nutrition,
- Information on how technology can support caring and how to access relevant products and services,
- Access to local support to help carers in the Wakefield district.
Cllr Pat Garbutt, Wakefield Council's Cabinet Member for Adults and Health, said: "There are thousands of carers in the Wakefield district and we want to make it easier for them to be able to access information, products and services as easily as possible to help them in their caring role.
"The digital resource will also signpost them where to go for support and help them to build up networks. It really is an invaluable resource for carers and I'd encourage them to sign up now and start benefiting from the wealth of information available."
Carers will need to use an access code which is available from the Council's website at www.wakefield.gov.uk/carersdigital
Or for more information for carers in the Wakefield district please visit www.wakefield.gov.uk/carersdigital