Council asking everyone to work together to reduce spread of Covid-19
Residents and businesses are being asked to help the Council identify where it needs to focus its support and provide more help so that everyone in the district can work together to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
A dedicated phone line has now been set up for people get in touch so that the Council can reach out and offer support or make changes and improvements to help everyone follow Covid-19 measures. By calling 0345 8 506 506 residents and businesses can ask for support and share information.
"The people best placed to help us do this are our residents and businesses, so we are asking you to get in touch if you see something you'd like us to look at or that might be worrying you.
"This could be anything from telling us about damaged Covid-19 safety signage, asking for more Covid information signs in your town or park, to flagging up social distancing problems or other concerns about the way measures are being followed. We are here to help.
"We want to reach out to our businesses that have been doing a great job in very difficult times - if any business needs more support dealing with Covid-19 restrictions, please call us, we are here to support you too.
"This is a testing time for us all and we must also remember to take personal action to keep ourselves and others safe. These little actions are crucial to reduce the spread of infection."
Wakefield Council is urging people to take the following actions to reduce the spread of infection:
- Maintain regular handwashing
- Look out for symptoms – anyone who has any sign of a high temperature, new continuous cough or loss of taste or smell, please take action now, by isolating immediately and getting a test by accessing local testing or by visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus
Stay at home:
- Only leave home for food, medical reasons, exercise, education, work, to care for a vulnerable person, to visit a support bubble or in case of an emergency
- Work from home if possible
- Avoid travel unless essential
When going out:
- Wear a face covering, if possible, in any enclosed public space
- Maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
For further guidance visit www.wakefield.gov.uk/about-the-council/coronavirus-information
Anyone displaying coronavirus symptoms is urged to get a test by visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119.
Residents in the district who suspect they have symptoms of the virus can also access tests via a home delivery service but people are urged to try the national system first.
The local testing delivery service is available from Monday to Friday and bookings for appointments can be made at www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling 01924 224497.