Type a word or phrase into the search box and click the 'Go' button (or press 'Return') to see a list of results. If you can't find what you're looking for, or you get too many results you can do a more specific search by using the 'Advanced Search' options.
Using The Advanced Search
Click the 'advanced search' link under the search box to access the advanced search options. Enter the word or phrase you want to search for and select any options:
Choose one of the options in the 'matching' dropdown box to tell the search engine how to look for your search word(s).
- Any (default option) finds pages that contain at least one of the words you are searching for.
A search for 'Green Bins' will find all pages containing the word 'Green' and all pages containing the word 'Bins'.
- All words - finds pages that contain all the words you asked for, but not necessarily in the order you typed them.
A search for 'Recycling Centre' would find all pages with both the words 'Recycling' and 'Centre' in them. The words may not be close together, just on the same page.
- The exact phrase finds pages that contain all the words you asked for in the exact order you typed them.
A search for 'Car Parking in Pontefract' would only find pages that contain the phrase 'Car Parking in Pontefract' in the correct order.
Type a word in the 'Excluding' box to find all the pages that contain your search phrase, but don't contain the word you type in the 'Excluding' box. This can be a good way to narrow down the number of results you get.
- All Resources - Searches all web pages and all documents (Word, PDF and Excel) available on the site.
- Web Pages - Select this option to search only web pages (no documents will be searched).
- Documents - Select this option to search for documents only (no web pages will be searched).
Note: this search facility is not connected to a mapping system and therefore cannot be used to search using an address or postcode.