Elective Home Education

This information is for parents who have chosen to educate their child at home or are considering doing so. The Education Welfare Service is able to support parents considering home education, offering advice and guidance as appropriate.

If a parent chooses to educate their child at home, they must formally withdraw their child from their school place by putting this in writing to the head teacher. The school has a responsibility to send this letter to the Welfare Service. Parents are advised to discuss the implications of home education before formally withdrawing their child.

Please note: When parents elect to educate their child at home, they assume financial responsibility for their child's education.

Our Elective Home Education Parent Guidance includes an administration form which you should complete and send to the Education Welfare Service if you do decide to educate at home.


Contact us

Education Welfare Service

First Floor, Block C
Normanton Town Hall
High Street

01924 307451