Applications are currently closed
This page is for Wakefield residents only. If you are not a Wakefield resident, please refer to the local authority where you live.
If your child already attends a secondary school and you wish to apply for a transfer to another secondary school, you will find further information in ‘Transferring schools or new to Wakefield’.
Before you start
- If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008, you can apply for a secondary school place from 3 September 2018.
- The closing date for applications is 31 October 2018.
- You will need to create an online admission account on the Parent Portal and provide a username and password.
Find out how to login
- Results will be available on 1 March 2019 when you will need to log back into your account using your username and password.
Start now >>
Unfortunately this link does not work in Internet Explorer 8, or when using later versions of Internet Explorer with the 'compatibility view' setting turned on.
update your browser,
turn off 'compatibility view' for this site,
or paste this link a different browser (for example: Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Opera): https://onlineadmissions.wakefield.gov.uk/enrol/website/default.aspx
How to login
- You will need to create a user account with a password so that your school application can only be accessed by you. You will need to make a note of your login details as you will need these to access your account to see your result.
- If you have previously made a school application using the Parent Portal, you can log back into your account using the same details and add new child details to select your preferences.
- Please seek advice from School Admissions if you wish to make changes to your application once it has been submitted. If you don't, your changes might not be recorded.
- To create a user account, please select 'Create Account' when you reach the Parent Portal.
It is your responsibility to apply for a school place for your child. The application must be made by someone with legal Parental Responsibility for the child.
All applications will be treated fairly and allocated in accordance with the published admissions criteria.
We take the issue of fraudulent applications very seriously. You can find further information regarding this matter in the guide for parents (currently being updated).
You can also find information about what to do if you change address in the guide for parents.