Before you start

What we need to know

  • Where the flooding or drainage issue is
  • Whether the flooding is on the roads or somewhere else
  • Details of any private drainage disputes including Yorkshire Water reference number
Start now >>

Other information

Environment Agency Floodline number

0345 988 1188

Private drainage

If you are reporting a private drainage issue you need to first contact Yorkshire Water and obtain a reference number. Once you have this please fill the form in and enter it when asked.

Flooding from public sewers

Yorkshire Water own and manage the network of public foul and surface sewers. If a gulley is overflowing with water or sewerage, then it is likely to be from a Yorkshire Water Public Sewer.

To contact Yorkshire Water about a private drainage issue or overflowing gulley please contact their Customer Services team on 0345 1242424.