Opening hours and location
01977 727 074
Monday to Friday||1pm to 5pm (morning visits by appointment only)|
School holidays including inset days|
Monday to Friday||8.30am to 3.30pm|
The Schools Library Service supports learning in schools by providing quality resources, expertise and advice.
Book loans for individual teachers, including:
- Project loans (Up to 30 books per project per class for 1 term to a maximum of 3 projects)
- Classroom loans (Up to 50 books per class for 1 term to support reading for pleasure)
- Half Class Sets, 15 copies of a particular title, are available for teachers to borrow for up to a term. These are ideal to read together as a class, promoting reading for pleasure and linking fiction with curriculum topics. Please download
the list, which shows you the author, title, genre and a synopsis of the story. These are heavily used so please order early to avoid disappointment.
- Big books (6 large format books per class for 1 term)
- Up to 4 DVD’s and 6 CD’s per class can be borrowed for a term (if available)
Book loans school libraries – up to 300 books for your primary school library / up to 450 for your secondary school library.
School library advice and support: including library design, editing, colour coding, classification, stock gaps and pupil/librarian training.
Inset talks and displays.
Storytimes and book talks.
Resources can be selected by you or we can make your selection for you.
Resources can be collected by you from the Schools Library Service; or, where applicable, delivered to Wakefield public libraries. Deliveries can also be made directly to schools where there are a minimum of 4 boxes to deliver. Please note, where demand is high for deliveries, priority may need to be given to schools outside of a 4 mile radius.
Service Level Agreements
Copies are available on request via email.
Any queries please contact the Schools Library Service using the details to the right, or Wendy Mitchell on