Ice skating rink
Friday 21 November - Wednesday 24 December
Open 11am to 5pm Monday - Saturday (4pm Sunday)
Bigger and better than last year!
- 30 minute sessions on the synthetic rink for £2
- Tickets to be purchased from Wakefield Visitor Centre (during opening times and from ice rink staff outside these hours)
- Last sessions start 30 minutes before closing times
Get your skates on and come down for a spin!
Festive market and activities
Friday 21 November - Sunday 23 November
Friday 28 November - Sunday 30 November
Friday 5 December - Sunday 7 December
Open 10am to 5pm Friday and Saturday (4pm Sunday
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a festive market!
- Hot street food overlooking the ice rink
- Festive drinks
Christmas lights switch on
Friday 21 November at 6pm - Wakefield Cathedral Precinct
Monday 24 November at 6:30pm - Pontefract Market Place
Tuesday 25 November at 5:30pm - Castleford Carlton Street
To find out more this Christmas in Wakefield:
Parking in Council-run car parks in Wakefield, Castleford and Pontefract will be free from 3pm on the these dates:
- Thursday, 27 November 2014
- Thursday, 4 December 2014
- Thursday, 11 December 2014
- Thursday, 18 December 2014
Find your nearest Council car park
Please note that the free parking offer does not include privately-run car parks or Merchant Gate car park.