Strategic housing market assessment
The Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) provides evidence on:
- The role of the Wakefield housing market and its connection with other housing market areas
- The objectively assessed need for market and affordable housing in the district
- How the distribution of need and demand varies across the plan area
- Future demographic trends to identify the accommodation requirements of specific groups
- The economic viability of meeting housing needs
The SHMA 2016 has been prepared in consultation with key partners and other organisations. It will be used to inform housing policy and determine planning applications, particularly in relation to affordable housing and housing mix.