Bookstart Baby Pack
Your Bookstart Baby Pack contains everything you need to get started sharing stories, rhymes and songs with your baby.
Each Bookstart Baby Pack includes:
- Two board books - perfect to enjoy with your baby (titles vary)
- Time for a Rhyme – familiar and new rhymes to share with your baby
- Purple bag with a short handle and Velcro fastener - practical for mums, dads and carers
Bookstart Treasure Gift
Your Bookstart Treasure Gift has everything you need to start sharing stories, rhymes and songs with your pre-schooler
Each Treasure Gift envelope includes:
- A picture book - wonderful to share with your pre-schooler (titles vary)
- Reading with your child (3-4 years) - full of top tips and guidance about sharing books and having fun together
How to get a pack
Bookstart Baby packs are usually given out at around 8 to 12 months by your health visitor. If you did not receive a pack, please ask at your local library.
The Bookstart Treasure Gift is given out through early years settings such as pre-school, playgroup or nursery at 3 1/3 years old. If your child does not attend such a group you can pick up a pack at your local library. Please remember to take your Health Record book with you. You do not have to join the library to receive a Bookstart pack.
Bookshine, Booktouch and Bookstart Star
We offer packs and resources alongside the Bookstart Baby pack and Bookstart Treasure Gift:
- Bookshine for children who are deaf
- Booktouch for children with a visual impairment
- Bookstart Star for children with conditions affecting their fine motor skills
Please ask your health visitor for more information on how you can get a Booktouch, Bookshine or Bookstart Star pack.