‘Step Up’ is a free new service providing advice to help residents find work, improve their skills or make a career change, or find opportunities to learn and develop.
The Step Up service offers dedicated support to people based on their own personal circumstances.
If you are looking for a promotion at work, wanting to change your career or develop your skills, we can provide personalised advice on what to do next.
If you have been unemployed for a time, want to return to work, have been made redundant, or are finding your current job difficult because of health problems or other reasons, we will work with you to develop an individual plan to support you.
We can help you find a wide range of learning opportunities if you want to improve your skills, are deciding your next career move, have retired and are looking for volunteering or mentoring opportunities, or have just moved to the area and you are not sure what to do next.
Step Up Hubs:
- Airedale Library – The Square, Castleford WF10 3JJ
- Kellingley Club – 25 Marine Villa Rd, Knottingley WF11 8ER
- Kingsley and Fitzwilliam Community Centre - Wakefield Rd, Kinsley, Pontefract, WF9 5BP
- St George’s Community Centre – Broadway, Lupset, Wakefield WF2 8AA
- St Mary’s Community Centre – The Cir, Chequerfield Dr, Pontefract WF8 2AY
- St Swithen’s Community Centre - Arncliffe Rd, Eastmoor, Wakefield WF1 4RR
For more information and to make an appointment with a member of our team at a time and place which suits you, call us on
01924 303334 or email
Step-Up Jobs and Careers Event
Wednesday 4 March -1 - 4pm
Marine Villa Road
Come along to the drop in session where you can:
- Meet local employers and discuss career opportunities
- Find out about training and learning new skills
- Get advice about starting and running your own business
- Talk to advisors from DWP, Citizens Advice Bureau or Wakefield District Housing
Questions? Email: email@example.com