Wakefield is one of 5 Metropolitan Districts in West Yorkshire and is made up of 40 towns and villages with a total population of approximately 326,000.
The Council is the largest employer in the district and the 18th largest in England and Wales with over 11,000 employees engaged in a variety of different occupations providing a comprehensive range of services.
We are an ambitious, high achieving and low spending council, delivering value for money through efficiency and innovation. Continuous improvements to our high quality services means that we need to employ talented and dedicated individuals to support our existing strong workforce.
We can offer you:
- A variety of career opportunities
- Career development
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement dependent upon grade
- Access to an occupational pension scheme
- A strong commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
- A range of employee benefits including; healthcare, public transport and gym memberships discounts
In addition to the above, Wakefield recognises the need for employees to attain a balance between work and home and therefore promotes the following family friendly working policies:
- Flexible hours scheme
- Part time working/temporary negotiated hours
- Job share arrangements
- Term-time working
- Special leave
- Career breaks
We are a Mindful Employer