Apprenticeships at Wakefield Council
Our main recruitment campaign happens in March and April for a summer start at the council. However we may recruit at different times of the year as roles become available. You can now leave your details on the “Interested? Click here" button below. We will email you to let you know when we have vacancies available that suit your requirements.
Please view our videos, and PDF links on this page to help you complete your application – the best of luck!
We typically recruit in the areas listed below. Please click 'Apply now' to see what is currently available.
Interested? Click here >>
- Accountancy Trainee
- Administration - to provide business support to front line services
- Arborist - Tree Surgeon
- Civil Engineer
- Customer Services
- Data Information Systems
- Health and Safety
- Horticulture (Bereavement)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Operational Delivery Officer
- Path Maintenance and Construction
- Revenues and Benefits
- Road Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Work - you must be 18 years or over at the start of this apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are generally 37 hours per week, but part-time roles may also be available.
Listen to what some of our apprentices think about being a Wakefield Council Apprentice.
Videos about applications and interviews