Apprenticeships at Wakefield Council
Our main recruitment period is from April to September, however we do recruit all year round depending on business needs.
You can apply for a live role or, alternatively if you are studying, you can register your interest in future vacancies by clicking 'Apply now'. We will contact you once that opportunity is live.
We typically recruit in the areas listed below. Please click 'Apply now' to see what is currently available.
Apply now >>
- Accountancy Trainee
- Administration - to provide business support to front line services
- Customer Services
- Data Information Systems
- Health and Safety
- Horticulture (Bereavement)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Operational Delivery Officer
- Path Maintenance and Construction
- Revenues and Benefits
- Road Worker
- Youth Justice - you must be 18 years or over at the start of this apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are generally 37 hours per week, but part-time roles may also be available.
Listen to what some of our apprentices think about being a Wakefield Council Apprentice.
Videos about applications and interviews