Advice and help for homeowners
The houses we live in need some care and attention from time to time and when things go wrong, it can often be a worry understanding what needs fixing and how we go about fixing it.
Interest-free loans for homeowners
Fix your emergency repairs, or enjoy a warmer home
Wakefield Council offers interest-free loans to homeowners who need to carry out emergency or essential repairs to their homes, or who need to make their homes more energy-efficient and save money on their heating bills.
Wakefield Home Energy and Improvements Scheme can be used for things such as:
- A replacement boiler or radiators
- Replacement double glazing or external doors
- Roofing repairs
- and more!
Loans of up to £7,000 are available, with repayment terms of 1 to 5 years. Our loans are open to all owner occupiers*.
If you are aged 60 or over, or receive certain benefits, you will qualify for a loan (as long as the loan is affordable and your credit check is satisfactory).
The loans are funded by Wakefield Council and are available through Leeds City Credit Union.
To apply or for more information call 01924 305892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, read our leaflet.
*If you do not receive benefits or are under the age of 60, the loans are subject to financial assessment, affordability and a satisfactory credit check.
Free advice and help
We offer a free Repairs Advice Service for homeowners to help you:
- understand what is causing the problem in your home and what needs to be done to fix it
- choose the right tradesman
- plan ahead for other home repairs
- understand about getting the right information before works start
- advise on how and when to pay for works
- understand what to expect from a tradesman
- understand your responsibilities when you have employed a tradesman
If you are a WDH tenant you can enquire about housing repairs on