Five ways to positive mental wellbeing
One in four adults experience at least one mental health problem in any one year. Mental health problems can lead to many problems, including low mood and depression, anger and anxiety. Luckily, there are steps we can all take to help improve and protect our mental wellbeing.
However, if you, or a loved one, are experience mental health problems, getting help and support is essential. There are several organisations that can help you – visit our web page on getting help with a mental health issue.
By taking a few simple steps we can all improve our mental wellbeing. If you give them a try, you may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most from life.
The five ways to wellbeing are:
– spending time developing relationships with your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours will help boost your mental wellbeing. Learn more about
connecting for wellbeing
– being aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body, your family and friends, and the world around you will help boost your mental wellbeing. Learn more about taking notice and
– finding an activity that you enjoy and making it a part of your life will help boost your mental wellbeing. Learn more about
for mental wellbeing
– even the smallest act, whether it’s a smile, a thank you or a kind word, or a larger act such as volunteering will help boost your mental wellbeing. Learn more about
giving to others
– whether it’s learning how to cook, about your family history, or a new language, learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence, and will help boost your mental wellbeing. Learn more about you can
Making a few positive changes will help reduce your risk of development a mental health problem, such as stress, anxiety and depression. This can have a significant impact on your quality of life.