Community Occupational Therapy
Are you struggling at home with day to day life?
If you are over 18 years old and have a disability or a long-term illness which affects independence and safety to carry out daily tasks we may be able to help. If you are under 18 years please contact the Adaptations Service for assistance by calling 01924 304550 or emailing email@example.com
Our service can:
- Give advice about easier and safer ways of carrying out everyday tasks
- Arrange for equipment to help
- Arrange for minor adaptations to your home to support you
- Give you the opportunity to practice new and safer techniques supervised by our staff
- Give general advice to help you remain as independent as possible in your everyday life.
We work closely with other teams in the area and may refer you to other agencies such as:
- Adaptations Service (for major adaptations or re-housing issues)
- Wakefield District Housing (WDH) for re-housing and property adaptations for WDH tenants
- Wheelchair Services (for wheelchair provision)
- Handyperson (for other minor work, for example - fixing down carpets, moving furniture, putting up rails etc.)
To make a referral phone: 0845 8 503 503