Care needs assessments are for adults (people aged 18 or over). They are carried out by Social Care Direct to find out what help and support you need. For example: healthcare, equipment, help in your home or residential care.
Before you start
When you first contact us we will ask you a few questions to find out what is happening in your life. We'll ask about the help you have now and the things that you think you need help with. We might also put you in touch with other services that we think may be able to help you.
If we think that you have some care and support needs we will arrange for a full assessment.
There are three steps to a care needs assessment:
Creating a care and support plan
Start using your personal budget
What we need to know
- Your name, address and other information about you
- Description of your difficulties or disabilities
- Details of your doctor
- Your next of kin
- The type of house you live in
- Any doctor or hospital apppointments you've had recently
- If you're happy for your information to be shared