We would like to work with food banks, existing or new, to develop local provision.
In recognition of the on-going demand on food aid providers we are making available £59,500 for Food Bank Support funding.
We have also committed an additional £15,000 until March 2019, to pay for Holiday Hunger initiatives, in acknowledgement of the challenges some parents face during school holidays when free school meals are not available.
Individual grants of up to £1,000 per application will be available and in exceptional circumstances grants may be awarded up to £1,500.
For Holiday Hunger initiatives the maximum grant available is £500.
Awards will be based on the Panel’s discretion based on an assessment of the size of the food bank, the number of beneficiaries and the demographics of the areas concerned.
Applications will be accepted by constituted community, voluntary and charitable organisations currently delivering food aid provision as well as those wishing to establish new provision within the Wakefield District.
When deciding when to start your project, applicants must allow us eight weeks from each closing date to make a funding decision. However if your application is fully completed, signed and submitted with all the required supporting evidence it may be discussed at an earlier Panel.
Incomplete applications or applications without the correct supporting evidence will not be processed and returned.
Is my project eligibile for food bank support funding?
The grants can be used for a variety of activities including but not limited to:
Increased availability- For example; longer opening times, outreach provision
- Increased stock
- Increased support to run the food bank
- Increased storage capacity
- Utilities - gas, electricity, rent and so on
- Developing new provision in underserved areas
- Increasing the number of vouchers available to third party referrers
- Proposals from partners looking to work together to strengthen the food bank offer and in these instances would consider increasing the total grant award based on the nature of the application.
Funding is not available for:
- Services and organisations that don’t meet or who are not aware of acceptable standards for delivering food bank provision
- Activities for religious or politically oriented purposes (although applications from religious groups for community activities are welcomed)
- Any activities that may conflict with our policies
- Alcohol and alcohol related products
- One off events or activities
- Loan repayments and endowments
- Any costs paid or liabilities incurred before funding is awarded
- Interest/service charges or contingency liabilities
How to apply?
Download an application form and
|Application Closing Date||Latest Grant Decision Panel Date|
|30 October 2018||18 December 2018|
|27 November2018||15 January 2019|
|18 December 2018||12 February 2019|
|15 January 2019||12 March 2019|
|12 February 2019||To be confirmed|