The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers in all workplaces to provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities and personnel to enable immediate assistance to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and able to physically carry out the practical requirements.
First aid requirements calculator
Emergency First Aid (EFAW) - Level 3 Award
- Lower-risk work environments such as offices, shops or organisations with fewer than 100 employees.
- One unit in Emergency First Aid
- One day; 9am - 4.30pm
- Completion of a candidate assessment booklet comprising three practical assessments and a short test paper.
First Aid at Work (FAW) - Level 3 Award
- Higher-risk work environments.
- Emergency First Aid and Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace units
- Three days; 9am - 4.30pm
- Completion of a candidate assessment booklet comprising five practical assessments and two test papers.
Paediatric First Aid - Level 3 Award
- Anyone who works in childcare.
- Meets Ofsted and Department for Education regulations
- Covers both paediatric emergency first aid and managing paediatric illness and injury.
- Two days (12 hours); 9am - 4pm on both days
- Completion of a candidate assessment booklet comprising practical assessments and short test papers.
This programme replaces the previous Level 2 qualification.
First Aid Requalification
- Update and refresh qualified first aiders
- Find out about any changes to first-aid practice
First Aid qualifications are valid for three years. You must bring a valid pass card
- Annual half day refresher for EFAW
- Two day refresher for FAW
You must bring a valid pass card to your refresher session to enable re-validation.
Baby and Child First Aid courses
- For any Parent, grandparent, carer, baby sitter
- For anyone who looks after babies and children
- Provides accident prevention awareness and basic first aid skills
- Topics include:
- Burns and Scalds
- Course duration is 2 hours
- Only £20pp
If you are booking more than one place, are eligible for a discount (check the course information sheet), or if you can't see your course listed, please contact the Health Development Unit.