Apprenticeships at Wakefield Council
Our winter apprenticeship recruitment has now closed.
Interviews for these positions will take place later in January for a late February start.
Our next recruitment will take place in the summer 2019 for a July start.
We often have a wide range of apprenticeships to offer, see below for some examples. Rather than wait for the summer recruitment advert, you can
register your interest to be on our mailing list.
In the summer we typically recruit in the areas listed below.
- Accountancy Trainee
- Administration - to provide business support to front line services
- Arborist - Tree Surgeon
- Civil Engineer
- Customer Services
- Data Information Systems
- Health and Safety
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Horticulture (Bereavement)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Information Technology (IT) Programming
- Information Technology (IT) Technician
- Project Management
- Play Area Maintenance
- Property Maintenance
- Revenues and Benefits
- Road Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Work - you must be 18 years or over at the start of this apprenticeship
Videos about applications and interviews