European Passport Return Service (EPRS)
Thank you for your interest in the European Passport Return Service with us.
At this time we are unable to offer the European Passport Return Service.
Other local Register Offices may be able to help.
What is it?
The European Passport Return Service is for EEA and non-EEA family members and Swiss nationals who are applying online using the EEA (QP) or EEA (PR) application forms for permanent residence. Using this service will mean that you do not have to surrender your passport.
online service on the gov.uk website which enabled applicants from the EU to apply online rather than by paper, now allows applicants the option of applying online on behalf of family members at the same time.
The service is provided by Wakefield Register Office in partnership with the Home Office.
Wakefield Register Office can photocopy your passport and will forward a copy, along with your checklist and application, to the Home Office on your behalf. Your passport will then be available for you to use while your application is being processed.
The Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted.
Using the European Passport Return Service does not guarantee the success of your application and we cannot offer any advice. It is your responsibility to make sure that your form has been correctly completed and that you have submitted the correct supporting documents.
To use this service you must:
- Be able to attend at the Register Office within five working days of making your online application
It is essential that you check our appointment availability prior to submitting your on-line application to ensure you meet the 5 day UKVI requirement
You must provide:
- Your document checklist which shows your Payment Notification Number (PNN)
- A hard copy of your completed application form and any supporting documents. Please note that this is only for forwarding to the Home Office, and will NOT be checked or photocopied by us. You should ensure that you have your own copy before attending our office
- Your current EEA / Swiss passport (single applications)
- Other passports (Family applications – at least 1 adult must be EEA / Swiss