Bin collections during coronavirus
We’ve been working hard to keep our waste services going.
COVID-19 has caused disruption to some of our services.
Garden and bulky waste collections
Garden waste collections will re-start will with a temporary, revised schedule from Tuesday 9 June.
It is planned that garden waste will be collected on a monthly basis for the next two collections, and on the same day as before.
You can check your bin collection days here. It will be updated with the new garden waste collection dates on Monday 1 June.
Please share this information with immediate neighbours who may not have access to the internet.
You will also receive a letter to tell you which dates your garden bin needs to be put out.
Bulky waste collections remain suspended until further notice
Household Waste Recycling Centres
Your safety is our highest priority. All Renewi Household Waste Recycling Centres are now open, with additional safety and social distancing measures in place.
Please only visit if you really need to and follow the on-site guidance at all times for the safety of staff and visitors.
Due to queues on site, sites have had to close earlier than the published closing time. To avoid disappointment please don’t leave it to the last hour to visit us.
Read the information and guidance before you visit.
Ways to help
There are lots of ways you can help us to ensure our waste services can run as smoothly as possible.
- Please note, collection times may vary so please make sure you put your bin out the night before.
- Remember to squash all plastic bottles and metal cans. Please also tear up any cardboard. This will create extra room in your bins, so if for any reason your collection is missed, you can still recycle.
- Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your green household waste bin.
- If the bin collections on your whole street have been missed, please don't report this. Be assured that we are already aware and we will collect this at a later time. Help keep neighbours informed if they're not online.
- If your bin has been missed (not the whole street) and you put it out in time for collection, please report
this online rather than calling us. Help friends, neighbours and family members do this if they’re not online or need some support.
- Please use one bin for two households where possible. This will speed up the collections and help the crews get home to their loved ones.
Finally, please make every effort to continue disposing of your waste and recycling responsibly, and thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Find your bin collections dates